Tuesday, November 13, 2007

party time!!

They say necessity is the mother of invention. It's also the mother of new shirts!

So last Friday night was an event in San Diego called FashionWhore! I had heard about it for a long time and finally decided to go. I planned to trot around the event in one of my wonderful creations to spread the hope&spray gospel!

After the event, I was going to meet up at a friend's birthday celebration. SO, as I was ironing my signature Chai v-neck striped t-shirt, it hit me that I had worn that shirt the last time I saw this friend and probably the three times before that, too. I wear that shirt excessively because the stripes are so stylish and the Hebrew image lets me showcase my Jewishness! I really wanted to wear it to FashionWhore, too, because it's one of the best examples of my work that I own (sometimes I feel like the cobbler's children who have no shoes).

Alas, I just could not allow myself to be seen yet again in that shirt. It needs to take a break from my wardrobe for a little while. My only alternative was the Om Tank Top which I love, probably even more than the Chai, except it was dirty. I didn't want to wear any of my other hope&spray shirts because they were made in the early stage, from my greasy old Hanes ballet shirts.

I scanned my closet and immediately grabbed my white and navy blue striped v-neck sweater that I got in Montreal this summer. I was nervous about painting it because I love that sweater and could not get a new one if I messed up. There was no other option, though, so I threw it on the ground, pulled out my Japanese "Pimp" stencil and red spray paint, and started spraying!

Here's the result:

I wonder if I can get that sweater wholesale from Simon's in Canada or elsewhere so that I can add it to my inventory. BTW, I took that picture myself. Who new that my cameraphone had a 10-second self-timer? Not me until tonight!

No comments: